Friday, December 4, 2015

Elf on a Shelf, Grace on a Case

I've been only vaguely aware of the Elf on a Shelf craze--is it a craze?  A Facebook friend recently posted this photo: 



She wrote this: 

"Frankly I'll take the mensch on a bench...
Reality over fantasy...something to be said...oy!"

I couldn't resist.  I wrote:  "I'd like to invent Grace on a (Book)Case. For all the times we need forgiveness and someone to see us as worthy of redemption."

If we created an embodiment of grace, what would that look like?

Jesus.  O.K. that's the obvious answer.  But if we created Grace on a Case, I'd want something other than Jesus.

I have a vague image of a female in swirly clothes that could envelop us with grace. 

If only I was entrepreneurial.  If only I had more time.

Feel free to take this idea and run with it.  We need a Lutheran alternative!

No comments: