Friday, August 23, 2013

Another Use for Prayer Beads

A few weeks ago, in our Worship Together session, the text for the day was Philippians 4:8.  What interested me most was the arts project that we did.

First, the verse (Philippians 4:8):  "Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."

We had spent some time focusing on those qualities.  We got a laminated card to remind us of them.








And then we got to play with beads.  We had a variety, and we chose one for each quality.  We also had a variety of silver and gold beads to serve as an anchor.  Here's what I created.



If I was a woman who had pockets, I'd carry these items with me, to serve as a reminder of the qualities which I should ponder.




 
We spend far too much time thinking about all sorts of ugliness.  I like the idea of turning my attention to more worthy items.

No comments: