Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Prayer for a Day of Many Meetings

Today is a day of many meetings. It's the kind of day in the life of an administrator that I like least.


We have an All-School meeting in the morning. Then we have a faculty meeting in the afternoon. I close my day at work by having a Library Committee meeting. And then, I head over to my church for a Church Council meeting.

In a way, I like having all the meetings done in one day. But just the thought of it exhausts me before the day even starts.

So, let me create a prayer for this day of many meetings:

God of community, on this day of many meetings, I pray for good spirits and a cheerful attitude.  Let me remember how lucky I am.  Let me offer prayers for all I will see today.  Let us remember all who are not so fortunate, among them those who have no jobs that require meetings.  Let us stay even-tempered and optimistic, even as the news we may get may tempt us to other paths  Keep us all in your loving care and shape us to be like you.

No comments: